I was inspired to create this recipe for a Fresh Peach Cooking Contest conducted by The Fruit Bowl – a local and very famous produce market in Stockton, California.
Follow these 5 simple steps for Fresh Peach Chutney
1. Saute 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion in 1/4 cup olive oil over low heat.
(Maui or Vidalia are sweeter than plain yellow or white ones!)
2. Add 1 pound peaches that have been rinsed and chopped into medium pieces.
3. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, a pinch of crushed rosemary and a pinch of sugar.
4. Cook over low to medium heat stirring occasionally.
5. After 20 minutes add 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon Marsala wine.
Cook for 5 more minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Garnish with 1 tablespoon pine nuts.
Serve as a topping to cooked meat, fish or chicken or on a cracker with cheese.
For a unique mixture, combine equal parts of Fresh Tomato Sauce (see Claudia’s blog from Aug. 14 2009) with the Fresh Peach Chutney. You will agree it’s sublime!
Let your imagination guide your cooking adventure – Cook, Eat, Laugh. Claudia